Welcome to the 1000 Girls, 1000 Futures program!
Thank you for taking the time to apply to our 1000 Girls, 1000 Futures program. This program is a world-wide effort that pairs motivated, enthusiastic, female mentors with smart, STEM-focused high school women and gives them access to innovative programming that will help them develop essential 21st century skills. By being part of a Global STEM Alliance program, you are participating in true, global change!
To apply for the 1000 Girls, 1000 Futures program, mentee applicants must be:
- Interested in and passionate about one or more STEM areas
- Comfortable communicating in English
- Able to participate in the program for one year
- Able to access at least one internet-capable device
- A self-identified female
- Between 13-19 years of age and currently attending high school, an equivalent, or in their gap year
- Excited about having a STEM mentor!
The application process for the program will include:
- Continuing on to a 15-20 minute application
- Receiving a confirmation email after your application
Candidates will be accepted on a rolling basis throughout the fall of 2016 and will be required to complete a training component before being matched with a mentor. Application deadline is October 14th, 2016 and final mentee selections will occur by December 1st, 2016. If you have any questions on the process, please email us at email@example.com. Please do not email regarding your application status before December.
Please note: Mentor applications have closed for the 2016-2017 year.
Are you a current program participant with a technical issue to report? Use this form here to let us know!